Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Corn Salad with Frito's

This afternoon I have hijacked the laptop for a little while, this is a much easier way of putting  the blog together!!  Today has been a cook-a-rama!  We not only had The Hens Group but also the Elks meeting tonight and both of these events require...tada....food!

The topic for the Hen's was Italian food in celebration of Spoleto.  Let me tell you these women can cook!  My contribution was Limoncello Zabaglione, do not attempt this recipe unless you have great arm strength as you have to whisk the recipe for a total of 23 minutes.  I think my right arm is going to fall off!  Even with all the mishaps I encountered this morning (and there were many!) this is definitely a do again recipe..

Tonight's theme at the Elks is a beach party...I figure someone else will bring the potato salad and deviled eggs along with the pimento cheese so we are bringing Corn Salad with Frito's.  Yes I know it sounds weird and not so healthy but what the heck its tasty!!!

Corn Salad with Frito's

2 cans yellow corn drained
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup crushed Frito's

Mix everything together except the Frito's.  Chill and put crushed Frito's on top just before serving (this will stop them from getting mushy).

Yes, that is all there is to it!! 

4 comments:

  1. I am so going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how much you adore it!!

      Delete
  2. Yay, you're back! Anything involving Fritos is A-OK by me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed this so much. Blogging has become so much of my identity and I will do my very best to steal the laptop to post. I just don't think typing recipes into the Kindle is going to work. This is really good by the way!!

      Delete