Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cookie of the Day Off

Well today is my day off and time to post another cookie recipe!  That is not to say I have finished making the Rum Balls from last week!  They are at the moment in the fridge.  Yes Jen, either there will be or we will make some more when you get home next month!

These are one of my youngest daughters favorites.  I have been making them for years but it took me a while to figure out to bake them on parchment paper...

This recipe is from The All New Fannie Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook.  I was given this cookbook by my wonderful Ex-Mother In Law Virgina King.


Lace Cookies

Set the oven at 375.  Mix in a bowl
2 1/4 cups oatmeal
2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
3 Tbls flour
1 tsp salt
Stir in
1 cup melted butter or margarine
Add 1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
Blend well.   Arrange by teaspoonfuls, at least 2 inches apart, on heavy cookie sheets (with parchment on them).  Bake until lightly browned (about 7 minutes).  As soon as firm enough, remove from the cooky sheets to a cooling rack.

These cookies will stick together so...be careful when packing them in containers.

I discovered while typing this that somewhere since the cookbook had been published  (1959) and now the spelling of cookie has changed.  In the cookbook it is cooky which spell check tells me is wrong....

3 comments:

  1. Wow. It's a cooky cookie. If you can follow all that.

    I think it's very cool that you have a cookbook from 1959! And, I bet they are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the parchment paper trick. This can not be pointed out enough. The stuff is expensive, but... Wow, is it better than picking bits of tin foil out of your teeth.

    Though I wonder... A sil-pat would probably work, maybe?

    Also, Yay, Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nom nom nom goes all the lace cookies! Once i get there none for anyone but me...

    ReplyDelete