Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Two of the Many Dogs Who Have Shared My Life


Most of you know that I am a dog person, these are pictures of some of the dogs that came into my life before Bear.



This is my much beloved Ben.  He was my heart dog, until you have one you don't know that they are, after you have one you are spoiled for the rest of your live.  Ben came as a rescue at 8 from Lady's Island, SC.

This is Angel who I believe became Michael's heart dog.  According to him she could do no wrong and was a true Southern Lady (even with toilet paper hanging from the sides of her mouth).  She came to us as a rescue from Savannah, GA at 8 years old.  She was turned into the shelter because she supposedly had thunderstorm anxiety. 

Ben and Angel after a swim.  Seems like they were always wet!

Angel looking angelic on the couch she was not supposed to be on.

Angel busted!

My favorite picture of Ben.

I suspect he was up to something at the moment.

I guess the point of this whole blog is that so many people give dogs up when they get to be seniors.  These wonderful dogs still have so much to give, have so much life in them.  I could tell you all day about these two wonderful dogs and yet another great senior that shared our life whose name was Jessie but I have no pictures of on my computer.  There have been many seniors who have shared our lives for short periods of time as fosters and now I wish that we had a picture diary of each and every one.

3 comments:

  1. Hey mommy-lady--there are pictures on the computer I left with tiz. I don't think any of them are too scary, and if she hasn't wiped the hard drive yet, you should be able to pull them off.

    Otherwise, I have lots of dog pictures on a couple CD's in that spool I left with you. Including Bonnie, Rusty, the Cinnamonster, and Jessie both shaved and furry.

    Also, yes, old dogs are the best dogs. Puppies are insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff Sniff. These pictures and your post brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so very sweet! They are lovely...I love all dogs so much it almost hurts!

    ReplyDelete