Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Light Healthy Meal

Well first things first, I believe I blew the interview.  Plain and simple.  I will have an answer tomorrow but I think I already know what it is so back to work and continue to grow.

This afternoon I opened up my blog comments and found the recipe for Ms Hamby's Shrimp Salad compliments of Dorothy Porcher Holland.  I will post it for all of you since I don't think you want to read back to February.  Thanks Dorothy!  I had the great pleasure of meeting Ms Hamby's daughter at friends house last month (yes there really is a Ms Hamby).  You have to try this salad, it is delicious!

Yesterday afternoon Michael and I went to our favorite spot on Sullivan's Island for some beach time.  If you know the island our secret spot is down by the Fort.  The only time there are a lot of people there is on the holiday weekends.  You get the ocean and the harbor, one of our favorite things to do (well mine actually but Michael plays along) is to figure out how many containers are on the big ships.  I look a tad like a well cooked lobster still today and will eventually get around to putting some aloe on my skin.

We came home hungry and I had taken out some Cod for dinner.  Doesn't sound that appetizing does it?  Off to the Internet I went, after all there were fresh South Carolina peaches waiting to be used.  I found a recipe for Cod with Tomato Peach Salsa on the Fitsugar website.  I of course made some adjustments to it and will make more next time.  The original called for way tooooo much onion and not enough lime juice for our taste.  We had this over cooked Cod and it is absolutely wonderful.  Peaches are just coming into season here and I know where to find yummy tomatoes so......


Sauteed Cod With Tomato Peach Salsa
2 medium-sized cod fillets (about 6 to 7 ounces each)
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 onion (or red onion), diced
1 avocado, diced
1 peach, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 large jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
1/c cup chopped cilantro
3  tablespoons lime juice, separated
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 tablespoon of lime juice,olive oil, salt, and pepper over cod fillets. Chopping all the salsa ingredients and place in a bowl.  Add the remaining lime juice, sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon salt.  Mix together and put in the fridge
  2. Heat oven safe fry pan with an additional 1 tsp of the olive oil in it.  When warmed place cod in it, cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.  Place pan in the oven for about 8 minutes or until fish appears done.  Serve with the salsa on top.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe they'll surprise you? I mean, I know hiring and whatnot is a bs popularity contest, but you're a kick-azz manager.

    They need to see that and reward it, instead of giving it to whoever talks the best crap.

    Also, the salsa sounds good. I'm fond of sweet potato and mango, but I bet you could swap the mango for peaches and it'd be about the same. Good on burgers and in wraps and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks j.

      I can make this for you when you come home!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes. I am totally going to make this salsa. I may not eat it with fish, but I will find something! I love fruity salsas!!

    I hope you get good news tomorrow. Either way, you're still my favorite World Marketer!!

    (did Ashli tell you she got a job up there already? They are lucky ducks!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No news today, perhaps I should just call him myself and tell him I didn't get job. Thanks!

      Tell Ashli I said hi! They are lucky indeed!

      Delete