Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Final Countdown!

Well, I am officially on vacation for 4 wonderful fun filled days!  Bear is at the boarding kennel also known as http://moonshadowkennel.com/.  If you live in the Charleston area and need to board your pet I highly recommend them!



Moonshadow Kennels before Bear arrived today.....

When last I saw my furry child he was looking around wondering what the heck was going on!  I suspect as soon as playtime starts he will have forgotten about me.  I had cleaned the car on Monday afternoon in an attempt to eradicate all the dog fur, that was undone as he was carrying on and trying to shake his harness off all the way to John's Island (a whole 15 minutes).  He does the same thing no matter where he is going, he puts his two feet on the center console (he is buckled in the back for the safety of both of us and my sanity) checking out the scenery and then back to the window to see whats going on and going past and if there is someone who wants to talk to him or perhaps pet him.  The house is oddly quiet, I may have to squeak the squeaky bone just for noise.  No one is demanding they be petted nor dropping toys by me on the chair so that just in case I might want to play I can.

So the previously dog fur somewhat free car is full of gas, we are both pretty much packed, reservations made for the hotel and the ferry (from Lewes, Delaware to Cape May, New Jersey), Map quest directions and gas mileage is printed out.  I need to pack the cooler and must remember to pack shoes, my camera(for pictures of Jersey girls) and a few odds and ends.

Artie was just outside and no he did not come on the first (or 15th) time his owner called  I think he needs lessons on how to get the dog to recall (I know how to do it, I just can't get my dog to).

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay, pre-vacation preparation! Have a fantastic time and take TONS of pictures. I can't wait to hear the stories!

    ReplyDelete