Friday, October 12, 2012

Stuff Going On!

I have about a million things going through my mind right now that I want to tell you (well maybe not a full million but many).  I will try to keep it to the most exciting (at least to me).

We are back in the house and the tub is done!  No showers yet and thankfully I was off yesterday and today from work.   No I don't smell although the sponge baths definitely don't leave me feeling overly clean and my hair is desperately in need of a good shampoo!

Bear loved being downtown, probably all the people and everything going on around him all the time!

It is only October and I am already tired of Christmas.  Last week at work it was ornaments, this week food.

We apparently have a water leak somewhere so I am waiting for the water company to come out and check the meter.  Our water usage has doubled according to the bill, how much water can two people and one dog really use?

Michael started with a new brokerage firm this week!!!  He has some great ideas that he just couldn't  put into place where he was and the new group will not take so very much of his commission.  He has been working on this since last year and now the time is right.  I am so very proud of him to have the courage to do this!!!

We went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-sale store yesterday and got a great big comfy chair for the living room.  We did not realize quite how big it was until we got it to our little home but...it was a great buy!!

Sunday is the church oyster roast out on Bowen's Island.  If you don't know what an oyster roast is neither did I until moving here!  I think its kind of like steamed oysters and they are delicious!  If you live here in Charleston and like oysters its this Sunday from 2 til 5 and the tickets are $25 a person, the proceeds go to our churches Outreach partners (Florence Crittendon, Crisis Ministries, Backpack Buddies to name a few).   Being Episcopals there is music and alcohol! 

Big pot of chili on the stove for the chili cook off on Sunday.  It's Venison and Black Bean, I'm not sure if I will mention the venison part!

Yesterday was apparently eat out for $18 dollar day.  First we went to the Workman's Cafe on James Island for lunch and had some absolutely fantastic low country food, Michael had Fried Pork Chops and I had Fried Chicken.  It's not fancy but it is delicious!  We want to go there on a Saturday for breakfast (the only day they do that meal).  From what I hear it is 6.99 for eggs, 2 meats, potatoes or grits (yuck), bread and coffee.  The meals we had were a meat, two veggies and cornbread plus some of the best ice tea down in these parts.  For dinner (I was still full from lunch) we went to How Art Thou which is a coffee/wine bar next to the Terrace Theater also on James Island.  Michael had a delicious roast beef sandwich and I had a bowl of Tomato Basil soup and a glass of wine.  The owner is a great guy so if you live here in town give them a try, they have all sorts of things going on and you might just find a new place to hang out and some new friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Other than that Christmas stuff at work, it sounds like you had a great week! Congrats to Michael and his new opportunity!!

    I love the Terrace Theatre, I always feel so cultured when I go there. :-) Next time,I will check out HAT!!

    Yum. Fried Chicken!

    ReplyDelete