Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sleep

You won't hear from me much this week.  Not because I don't love you but because I am working the dreaded overnights.  Many of you may already work this shift, I know Michael did when we started dating.  He was a nurse and worked the 7 pm to 7 am shift and I don't know how he did it.  It's not the working part that is tough, its the sleeping part that I am struggling with.  If the sun is up, so am I.  I was driving home at 5 this morning wide awake even though I have had a total of 5 hours of sleep in the past two days.  

I try sleeping on the couch with the TV on, no sleep.  TV off, no sleep.  In bed TV on in the other room, no sleep.  In bed TV off, no sleep.  Couple of glasses of wine, no sleep.  I keep looking at the clock and now I have to be at work in 6 hours and have slept for 3 hours today.  I think the stress of sleeping is what is keeping me awake.

Well, off to try to sleep..... 

4 comments:

  1. Watch golf on tv. That helped me over the weekend. :-)
    Or, try Crime TV. The voices sooth me. I know, I'm a freak!

    Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I like watching golf on TV and there is no cable. Perhaps I should watch the guys that do the wood working on PBS!!!!

      Delete
  2. Benadryl. Srsly, one or two when you get home, with or without a glass of wine. Something dark over your eyes, a couple for the dog, too.

    You'll sleep all day long. It's magic.

    Alternately, you can stay up all day until you feel like you're going to collapse, then fall asleep, and drag yourself out of bed 4 hours later, just in time for work.

    That's how I usually did it.

    ReplyDelete