Sunday, September 9, 2012

Herbed Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Wine Sauce

Yesterday Michael had taken 2 chicken breasts out of the freezer for supper while I was at work.  You know how that goes, you look at it (at least I do) and think what in the heck am I going to do with that?  Off to the Internet I went knowing that grilling was not an option last evening.  I found my way to one of the cooking channel recipe sites and started reading recipes trying to figure out what looked good, fairly healthy and we had some semblance of the ingredients or things I could sub.  2000 recipes later (okay maybe only about 50) I stumbled across one that sounded tasty and was cook able!  I started reading through the ingredients, we were in good shape, than I started reading the directions.  It was here that I stumbled.

I think that I am not a beginner cook and this recipe was marked easy and certainly all of the directions seemed straight forward enough except for the part about how to cut the chicken.  It said to cut them into something like airline portion tenderloins.  What in the heck is that?????  There was no highlighted area to take me to the directions on what this meant or even looked like! I thought back to when I flew a fair amount and they still served food (tells you how long ago that was) and all  I could picture were these little boneless, rubbery white pieces of so called chicken.  I certainly was not going to put that on the table!  So I improvised and cooked the entire breast, made a few changes and I have to say, this turned out good enough that I would definitely make it again!

Herbed Pan Seared Chicken with Wine Sauce

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts with skin and bone
salt and pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 a cup or so sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter

Heat oil in saute pan until hot, salt and pepper the chicken place in pan skin side down.  Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, turn over and cook  for another 7 minutes covered.

Add wine, garlic, rosemary, parsley, chives and mushrooms, give a bit of a stir than re-cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Remove the chicken add the butter and give a good stir.

All done!






No comments:

Post a Comment