Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Day Off?

Well, I finished all the shopping today including what I needed for Sunday's dinner.  I think that folks who don't work in retail do not appreciate the quiet that comes with shopping early in the day.  I left the house at 8:45 (which to be honest was a bit later than I had originally planned on) and hit Marshall's, Kohl's (I had never been in one before but I have to say it was pretty nice), Dick's Sporting Goods, Dillard's, True Value Hardware (it's not Christmas without something from the hardware store), Publix, Big Lots, Piggly Wiggly and arrived home before noon.  That's the way I shop, I get in get what I need and get out.  I cannot wander aimlessly around a store looking at stuff..I just doesn't interest me enough to do that.  All the presents are wrapped and all the cookies are made.  All I have left to do is some housework and we will be all ready to relax and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.  Oh, I also have to do the cooking for the pot-luck at work on Saturday.

I think it's time for a nap!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what everyone brings to Pot Luck. I love a good Pot Luck.

    I'm the exact same as you, I do NOT shop anymore at all. In and out if need be, but preferably do it all on line!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definetly let you know what comes to the pot luck. I am baking another ham and making meatballs from the company and from myself will be a big bow of potato salad. I cannot believe how far I stretched my 206.00 for the Thanksgiving weekend meal this year!

    ReplyDelete