Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree


Last night we decorated our Christmas tree.  It is filled with so many memories as a great many of the ornaments belonged to my grandparents and parents. My grandmother told me a story about the tree being knocked over so they sent my Papa and my grandfather (a whole other story) out to buy some more ornaments.  They were not big drinkers but for some reason they stopped in a bar and had a few then off they went to buy ornaments.  Many hours later they returned home with the ornaments, there were many boxes of identical ornaments and we still have many of them to this day.  We try to keep them up higher on the tree out of tail wagging space, each time one breaks my heart does a little bit too.  Michael and I have added a few more in the years we have been together but each ornament has memories! 


I wonder how many have a baby Jesus in a walnut shell?  I believe this was my moms......

ps.  Yesterday Michael came home and found the tree skirt in the middle of the living room and Bear with a guilty look on his face.  I quess he thought that looked more comfortable than any of his dog beds.  The strange thing is that this is the 5th Christmas we have had Bear and he has never done this before.  Either he has been planning this a long time or one of the foster dogs suggested it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, he was looking for his Christmas present!!!

    LOVE the baby Jesus in the walnut!

    ReplyDelete