Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am a New Yorker born and bred who now lives in Charleston.  I truly love living down here.  The pace is not  hectic, we live near the water and best of all we don't have real winter.  I do however often long for the food of my home.  Real pizza, hot dogs with onions from the carts, knishes and NY deli style potato salad.  None of these are healthy but I still long for them.  This past weekend my husband and I were thinking about those great bacon and egg on hard roll sandwiches you can get at home.  We can do the bacon and eggs.  It's the rolls that are missing.  No where I have lived other than in the north east can you get those soft on the inside crispy on the outside kaiser rolls.  I went on a search and found the perfect recipe for an amateur baker like myself.  If you don't bake, don't be afraid!  I was in the same boat last year and decided to just get over it.  I can do pretty much anything I put my mind to and so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment